Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 1: Travel day(s)

So I made it to Berlin with only a few setbacks. I missed my train from Dusseldorf which was dumb on my part. It came to another track besides the one listed on my ticket. I never thought to double check and was oblivious to the fact that it was leaving directly behind me. The plane ride there was amazing. I had an entire row of 4 seats to myself, so I laid down and slept the entire time (when I wasn’t eating). It was pretty marvelous. Paul met me at the Hauptbahnhof (main train station) in Berlin and carried half of my bags and showed the way via the S and U-bahn to the apartment. My room is as plain as can be. I’m going to go shopping tomorrow to spruce it up a bit. We had tea, ate grapes, and then went out to pizza and to a bar. He’s very nice, not at all creepy and extremely helpful. I’m awfully tired, since it is 1 am here, so I’m off to bed.

No comments: