Friday, August 29, 2008

Deinstag 26.August

It’s taking forever to get my internet working in my room. Bryan Auslander is coming to visit on Friday till Sunday before his computer science gathering, or whatever it is he’s coming here for. So hopefully he’ll be able to fix it and you will actually be reading this instead of me just keeping it as a word document. The last few days have been uneventful. I have been sleeping a whole lot. I have a bit of a cold/cough still happening or happening again, I’m not sure which. Everyone at InWEnt gGmbH (the german partner company to CDS international [who found me the job]) is on vacation it seems. I have a lot of things they’re supposed to send me to get ready for the job, but I haven’t been able to contact them, a task especially difficult with no internet. I have semi-organized my room. I bought a little rug so the floor’s not entirely bare. I also bought curtains, but they were, of course too small, so I’m going to try to put them up somehow. The windows in my room are gigantic. Paul has been very anti-social and not really up for anything the past couple of days because he just broke up with his girlfriend. But he’s feeling better today, and I’m going to go with him to some seminar about some art type thing tonight. And he’s cooking dinner, so it’s a pretty sweet deal. Tomorrow I’m going on my dry run to try and find the Umweltbundesamt. I also want to scout it out to see if I tell what people are wearing so I know what to wear on Monday.

No comments: