Friday, September 26, 2008

Tandempartner

So I have found that usually when contacting people on the internet for various things, there's a little less than a 50% response rate. This is only speaking from my experiences, yours could be different. But bearing this statistic in mind, I when I found a website for Tandempartners, I sent messages (the same message, actually) to quite a few. Much to my surprise, this time I received about an 85% response rate. I had to literally make a chart to keep all of them straight. So now I've got myself 15 Tandempartners.

A Tandempartner is someone you meet with to help learn a language. They want to better their English, and I want to better my German. So we get together, and speak a little bit of each. So yep, it's more awkward meeting someone in person you've only first conversed with on the internet. Although both of the ones I've met with thus far, have called first. I'm meeting with a new one today after work and then 3 on Saturday (one of whom is a for a second time). Gosh darn it, if this doesn't make me fluent in German, nothing will.

No comments: